Shrimp with garlic butter is a delightful seafood dish that offers a smooth and flavorful experience. The shrimp is cooked in a rich sauce made with melted butter and chopped garlic, creating a delicious and satisfying taste. This classic recipe is a popular choice in international cuisine.
Preparation time: 20 to 25 minutes Servings: 4 people
- 500 grams of large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup of white wine (optional)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped parsley (optional)
- French bread or baguette (for serving)
- Make sure to properly thaw and clean the shrimp before cooking. The garlic and butter will enhance their flavor.
- Rinse the shrimp under cold water and pat them dry with paper towels. If they are frozen, make sure to thaw them before using.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side, or until they turn pink and are fully cooked. Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set them aside on a plate.
- In the same skillet, add the chopped garlic cloves and cook for 1-2 minutes until they become fragrant. Be careful not to brown them too much, as they can become bitter.
- Optionally, pour the white wine into the skillet and stir to deglaze it, scraping up the golden bits from the bottom. Cook for 1-2 minutes to allow the alcohol to evaporate.
- Return the shrimp to the skillet and stir to coat them with the butter and garlic. Cook for a few more minutes until the shrimp are heated through.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the shrimp and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine all the flavors.
- If desired, sprinkle fresh chopped parsley over the shrimp to add a touch of color and extra flavor.
- Serve the shrimp with garlic butter immediately, accompanied by French bread or baguette for dipping into the delicious garlic butter sauce.
Enjoy your shrimp with garlic butter! This recipe is perfect as an appetizer or main course, served with rice, pasta, or a salad.